Monday, September 3, 2007

Gynae Visit

I went for my gynae checkup on last Sat. It’s the 4th visit to the gynae so far. Cherylin was crying and protesting when we entered the consultation room during my first visit for fear that the doctor will check on her/give her injection, etc. However, she became more receptive and was willing to enter the room as time passed by and she knew that it’s mummy whom Dr Lee is checking on, not her. Furthermore, she gets to eat sweets whenever she visits Dr Lee, and there are lots of toys for her to play at the waiting area.

This morning when I woke her up, I was whispering beside her ear: "Get up and we will go and see Dr Lee". To my surprise, she nodded her head and opened her eyes. She woke up without any fuss. I was surprised because she usually sleeps late and hence wakes up late. Whenever we need to visit the gynae (our appointment is at 9am), we’ll have a hard time waking her up and she’ll be grouchy and grumpy. With a little persuasion, she changed her clothings and left happily with us as we depart to Mt A.

Cherylin would demand to be out of the scanning room during prior visits, this time she stayed for a while before making noise and told daddy to bring her out. When Dr Lee was drawing blood for my triple test, she watched curiously at the door and later asked me why Dr Lee pasted a plaster on my wrist.

During this visit, YC asked if we can find out the baby’s gender. Baby was sleeping then and woke up when Dr Lee disturbed him/her a little. As the position wasn’t very right, Dr Lee said it’s best that we wait till the detailed scan at 20th week to confirm the sex of the baby.

No comments: