Sunday, December 30, 2007

Swissotel the Stamford






Yippee! The day that I had been waiting for had finally arrived.

Went for gynae checkup early in the morning (29 Dec). Bb’s growing well and weight 2.137kg at 33 wks. J

We planned to take MRT to City Hall as the hotel doesn’t provide complimentary parking coupon. It would be too expensive if we were to drive there. Reached City Hall at 12.20pm and we proceeded to The Plaza Market Café for our buffet lunch cum hi-tea. The spread was quite good. Cherylin munched a little here and there as usual. We redeemed a wine using the Feed at Raffles voucher. Cherylin was talking about Christmas tree that she saw earlier. But I had no idea what she was referring too cos I don’t see any Christmas tree around (furthermore Christmas was over). YC took the miniature Santus Claus and Christmas tree for Cherylin from the new log cake that was being served at the buffet table. Only then I realized that Cherylin had earlier saw the Christmas tree on the log cake and was taken away by another kid. :P

At 2pm, YC brought our overnight bag and went to check into the room. After the meal we went to the room. It’s very spacious. The king sized bed was much bigger than ours, must be those super king sized type. Cherylin run around the room, enjoyed the scenery from the balcony. I was rather tired and took a nap. As I was half a sleep, I knew that Cherylin was jumping happily on the bed as I was napping. Gotta tell her constantly not to jump onto mummy. Hee..

We went out of the room in late evening. Went over to Suntec City. Yung Chih bought a grilled chicken from Carrefour for supper. I was still very full so didn’t had any. He and Cherylin shared the chicken. We stayed till quite late. I slept at about 1am while YC stayed on till 2am as he was watching a movie.

The next morning, we lazed around in the hotel room before heading down to the swimming pool for a walk. There were lots of people there and Cherylin enjoyed herself just by people watching. Wanted to stay on watching when we told her that we were leaving. Cherylin was very happy whenever she’s in the room. She can easily entertain herself by running/jumping here and there. Told me next time she wanna stay in hotel room again!

We checked out at 1pm and proceeded to Marina/Suntec. Had lunch at one of the restaurants at the fountain area. Wanted to arrange dinner with my mum and bro/SIL but YC said he’s tired and wanted to go home early to rest (sounded as if he really just came back from a holiday trip :P). Hence, I dropped the idea and we had my long awaited Milo Dinosaur at Coffee & Toast before heading home.

No comments: