Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bring Kids to Work Day!

Yesterday was “Bring Kids to Work Day”. Coincidentally, heard of two other coys that had the same event yesterday. Started to prep Cherylin since the day I heard that my office’s welfare team will be organizing the event. Initially Cherylin said she didn’t want to go. However, nearer the date, she changed her mind and began to look forward to the day, 20 Jun. Couple of days before fri, Cherylin kept saying that she wants to follow mummy to office. Told her it’s not time yet, gotta wait for Fri.

As usual, I tried to carry Cherylin off the bed (she’s usually still sleeping and will want us to carry her to the car when we leave the house). She didn’t want to be carried, said she wanted to continue sleeping. Told her mummy bringing her to office. Immediately, she opened her eyes and said she wanna change her clothes (much to our surprise as we had prepared to change her in the car). So Cherylin had her teeth brushed and clothes changed before we departed.

While at my workstation, my colleagues tried to engage Cherylin but she didn’t greet nor answer them. So proud rite? Haha..it’s her character, what to do? She’s just like mummy. So shy when meeting people for the first time. Auntie Doris came over with a tray filled with sweets and chocolate. Cherylin happily took the sweets and thanked Auntie Doris (at least she’s familiar with Doris). She stuck to me like glue and followed me wherever I went.


The programme started with distribution of goodie bags. A mini office tour followed. Next on line were balloon sculpting (hee…managed to learn a trick or two. Not that difficult to make a balloon hat) and colouring. The last programme before lunch was magic show. Cherylin suddenly burst into tears as the magician was performing. She was scared off by the wig he put on half way thru the performance. Cherylin then pulled me away saying that she’s scared. So we left the venue and went back to my workstation. Lunch was Happy Meal from McDonald’s. Cherylin had her nuggets while I expressed my milk in the nursing room. She must be real hungry as she gobbled up all the nuggets (1st time ever).




Brought Cherylin to Suntec and we had free ice cream, complimentary from a telco whose was having roadshow then. Bought her the Gingerbread Man cookie from a café (she had been asking for it). Then, we had coffee and shopped for a while before Cherylin got tired at around 4.30pm. Could tell that she wanna sleep when she asked me to bao bao her for a while (she don’t usually ask me to carry her unless necessary – cos she knows mummy has got no strength to carry her for too long :P). My arms almost broke when I reached the bus stop at St Andrew Cathedral. Me too was rather tired and took a short nap while on the bus, with Cherylin sleeping on my laps. Felt so relieved when I reached my mum’s place and put Cherylin onto the bed. This little darling of mine has really grown up, she’s now too heavy for me to bao bao for a long time liao.

1 comment:

Jemy said...

how nice... i wish e company i work for would hv such activities too. haha, wishful thinking!