Thursday, January 15, 2009

My new toy!

Bought myself a new toy last sat. Been wanting to buy it a couple of months ago. Finally decided to take action so that i can use it during Shawn's birthday celebration. Guess what is it?

It's a Canon DSLR. I've interest in photography but am not a pro. So why did I buy it? Cos my friend said it's very user friendly (when set to auto mode), just need to point and shoot just like a compact digicam. And I've seen pictures taken by DSLR. Really very nice. I especially like those focus on the object and blurry background effect.

Did some recce on the price on Fri. Went to 4 shops and found that the one at HV is the cheapest!

I probably won't be holding on to the camera on this sat: (1) have not learnt how to use it effectively yet, (2) i should be carrying shawn and the camera will be in the way. So, told YC to ask his brother/cousin help take pictures :)

2 comments:

Jemy said...

Hey, i've also wanted to get hold of a DSLR since few mths back. But, still controlling n controlling bcos our sony digicam is still working well (tt's for buying japan goods, shd hv bought a china brand one... :-p)

Stephie said...

Haha.. actually my made in japan canon compact digicam is still working well too, and I'm still carrying it with me everyday. :)