Friday, March 19, 2010

妈咪,我几百分?

Since last Sunday, Cherylin has been a very sweet and well behaved girl.  Whenever I praise her, she'll ask "妈咪,我几百分?"  She becomes very delighted when I tell her she got herself 100 marks, 200 marks.... all the way till 500 marks when she continued with her good behaviour.  All the while, the max is 100 marks.  I had no idea why we awarded beyond 100.  One thing for sure - Cherylin feels even more motivated to be well behaved when she gets higher and higher marks.  I guess this is a form of satisfaction to her.  So how did she earn herself those marks?
  1. On Mon when YC brought the kids to mum's place (I was on MC and hence resting at home without the kids around), Cherylin was ok to walk to mum's house while mum carried Shawn (she usually wants to be carried).
  2. When Shawn doodle on her art work with a marker, she didn't flare up. Instead, she asked me to help colour that area messed up by didi so that it's no longer ugly.
  3. Shawn ate the sweet corn that she wanted.  She said "it's ok, let didi have it".
  4. Shawn threw her pillows at her face.  She grabbed the pillows, smiled and returned to the room.
  5. She asked me: "Mummy, are you better already?" twice - once on Tue when we were home and once on Wed when we were on the way to mum's place.  She delighted me.
  6. She requested to brush her teeth before she goes to sleep (yah, Cherylin hates to brush teeth and she rarely/never initiate to brush her teeth). 
Keep it up, my darling.  :)

No comments: