Sunday, November 4, 2007

Diaperless at night?

Cherylin is now very comfortable with going diaperless during the day (including nap time). She seems to be able to hold quite well (like mummy) and can easily go without the need to visit the toilet for 3 – 4 hours in a stretch. Actually, I heard that it’s not good for children to hold their urine for so long. Hence me and my mum always ask her if she wants to go to the toilet when we realized that she has not visited mum for the last 2 hours.

At times when I was preparing Cherylin for bed, she will tell me that she doesn’t want to wear diaper as she knows when/how to go to toilet for poo/pee. However, I usually talk her out of it cos I’m not confident that she will not pee on bed (mummy more kan cheong about the mattress being dirtied :P). Last night, she’s very insistent and promised that she’ll not pee on bed. So I let her be and pray hard that no accident would happen.

Cherylin woke up in the morning at 9am plus and came looking for me while holding on to her ‘bao bei’. She wanted to watch Tom & Jerry so I switched on the TV and played the VCD for her. This kan cheong mummy then asked if she needed to pee and the answer was no. It was only 30 mins later that she wanted to pee. I praised her for the well done job. Looks like she’s progressing well and will soon not be dependant on diaper.

No comments: