Friday, November 30, 2007

USA Trip (Day 10 & 11)

San Francisco to Singapore

Today’s is the day for shopping as it’s well known that stores would have very attractive discounts to celebrate the day after Thanksgiving. We woke up very early today and left the hotel at 5.30am. When we reached Civic Centre, the entire place was already filled with people who were there to pick up good bargains. We went to Old Navy store and were surprised that there were already a long queue at the cashier. YC got to know later from the cashier that people started to queue outside the store as early as 3am cos they were giving away MP3 players to the first 200 customers.

We proceeded to Macy’s thereafter. Me and my mum each bought a Liz Claiborne sunglass. The sunglasses were very worthwhile after all the discounts, mine cost less than USD11 while my mum’s cost less than USD9. We also bought lots of baby’s clothings, more for our little boy this time round.

Next we went to Disney outlet and YC bought Cherylin a Princess Go-to-Party set. She had wanted those miniature toy set but we dissuaded her as we knew all miniature stuff will go missing soon after she opens up the box. :P

As we were checking out of the hotel that day we rushed back to hotel at 11am plus to do a final packing. At 12pm, we checked out of our room and deposited our bag with the concierge before heading off for more shopping! Lunch today was at Carl’s Junior. Wanted to try the fries from In N Out burger but we couldn’t find any outlet in sight.

We basically walked around aimlessly (guess we’ve reached our peak for shopping then). Went back to Old Navy for second round (bought another pair of jeans for myself). My mum spotted a fleece jacket which she wanted to get when we were leaving Fisherman’s Wharf yesterday. Hence, I left YC with Cherylin (who was napping then) in a café and headed the Wharf with my mum. I didn’t expect the wait and ride on the Cable Car would take such a long time as compared to yesterday. Hence, the trip to and from took us almost 2 hours! There’s a small episode which caused YC to be hopping mad. Rather not talk about it anymore. :P

We headed back to the hotel at 7pm plus to wait for the driver who will be sending us to the airport. (Gideon flew back to Los Angeles this morning as he had a back-to-back tour group assigned to him. Hence we were left without our tour leader today L)

We left the hotel at 8.30pm. It took about 30 mins before we reached the airport. When I boarded the plane and was settling down, an air stewardess spotted that I was pregnant. I was pleasantly surprised when she offered to look for an empty row of seats after take off so that I can lie down to rest! She did come back to me, showing me where the empty seats were. I felt obliged to accept her offer. Went over with YC and sat for a while. Decided that it’s too embarrassing for me to lie down, I went back to my assigned seat (also becos I didn’t want to leave Cherylin alone with my mum) and left YC there.

The flight back was quite ok for Cherylin. As it’s a midnight flight, Cherylin fell asleep shortly after the take off. She woke up a few hours later and had some inflight meal. We had transit at HKIA. Took the opportunity to grab some HK goodies from Kee Wah shop located in the Airport :P

My brother, SIL and FIL were at the airport to fetch us. This ended our 11 days of fun!
n

No comments: