Friday, November 30, 2007

USA Trip (Day 1 & 2)

Today we woke up at 5am to get ready for our flight at 9.45am. As YC and I were getting change, etc, Cherylin was woken up by our conversation (usually she will just continue to sleep even if we talk loudly). Guess she must be excited about the trip too. She woke up without a fuss and went to her room (yes, my mum sleeps in Cherylin’s room while Cherylin sleeps with us) to wake 外婆up: 外婆, 起来去飞机场了. Haha…so cute.

As usual, I always have last min packing, usual stuff like toiletries, last check to see if all necessary stuff had been packed. YC’s father arrived at 6.30am as planned. We uploaded 3 luggages and proceeded to the airport. On the way, Cherylin fell asleep. She quickly woken up when we arrived at the airport. We went to the check-in counter to look for our tour leader, Gideon. After a brief by him, we proceeded to do our own check-in. Cherylin talked to 舅舅 over the phone, looked at the aeroplanes and had lots of sweets that were taken from the immigration counter. Shortly after, we boarded the plane and Cherylin guai guai sat on the seat and buckled up. I was pleased with her behaviour. The air stewardess then gave her an activity pack to keep her occupied. The take off was ok, no unbearable air pressure and hence no fuss from my princess. She took peanuts and were rather full when meal was served. Hence, her food went down to the stomachs of my mum, YC and mine. Cherylin took 2-3 hours of nap before we touched down at Norita airport after 6.5hours of flight for our transit to Los Angeles (transit time is about 1 to 1.5hours)

While waiting for our next plane, we roamed around the gift/snack shops near the check-in counters. There’s a huge Ice Cream display which Cherylin happily hugged and took picture with. I was admiring at the snacks sold at one of the shops. So beautifully packed that I wish I had some Jap Yen to buy those snacks.

The flight from Japan to Los Angeles took about 10 hours. Cherylin slept again during the flight but only for a short while I think. She fussed a little as she couldn’t sleep comfortably. Overall, I was quite relieved that she ‘survived’ the flight. We arrived at LA at around 9 – 10am. Waited awhile at the airport for 2 tour mates who were questioned by the immigration officer. It was then that my mum discovered that my luggage zipper was ripped off! Oh no, the TSA lock which my colleague kindly lent to me was gone as well. Thanks goodness the luggage was still in tact. No sign of it being opened at all.

We reached Wyndham Park Hotel in the early afternoon. After checking in, we went to roam around the vicinity. YC tried the famous In N Out Cheeseburger while Cherylin, my mum and I helped ourselves with the hand-cut French fries (yummy, very nice compared to the usual fries we eat at fast food outlet). We proceeded to shop around and bought some cheap and nice clothings at a discount store.

The sky turned dark when it’s barely 5pm. It’s so dark that it looked as if it’s 7pm – 8pm in Singapore. We then went to Target, a hypermarket found in LA, for our shopping trip. Was advised by my colleague to get our chocolates there as it’s cheaper than elsewhere.

Cherylin must had been tired as she’s crying non-stop when it’s about 7pm. We had our dinner at a outlet selling Maui food and YC managed to pacify her by buying her a huge cup of raspberry tea softdrink. The servings were huge and we were so filled even though we ordered only 2 items: 1 hawaiian chicken bowl and 1 BBQ chicken set (too busy eating/checking Cherylin out that I forgot to take picture).

Brought Cherylin and my mum back to the hotel for an early rest before YC and I left the hotel to continue with our shopping. Keke.

No comments: