Sunday, February 8, 2009

Holiday Trips in 2009

I've been grounded in Singapore for more than a year since my last trip to USA in Nov 07 (when i was expecting Shawn). I'm so deprived that I intend to go for 2 to 3 trips this year. Initially was planning to visit Japan. But the soaring Yen puts me off. It's simply too costly (when things in Japan are already very expensive) to go to Japan when the exchange rate went from 1.3 to 1.7. And with a group of 3 adults and 2 kids, the extra expenses due to increase in Yen can be quite substantial. Hence, i've put off the idea. Visit the country again when the rate is more favourable.

So now, what are the countries i have in mind and the tentative dates?
  • Mar 09 - taiwan, korea, hongkong, shanghai/beijing (still not decided, depends on the date too because the main idea is to help YC clears his leaves - so may or may not materialise)
  • May 09 - Europe (confirmed going just that we've not booked the package yet! with the attractive rates for Euro and Pound, it's a good time to go)
  • Sep 09 - Melbourne (going with J and W. we planned to go as a group with our family. yeah, looking forward to it and it must materialise k? J and W if you are reading, it's a reminder hoh.)

I told YC all the above will eat into my savings by a lot. Who ask that I like travelling so much that i'll just slog and build up my reserves again. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welch said...

Hi Stephie,

Yup, you've got that! I'm definitely looking forward to our 3-family trip together. I've been bugging P to go for a short holiday trip before that but not quite successful in convincing him...especially now with the economic downturn, the more he will say, "must be prudent in our spendings". Nonetheless, I'm still going to try....wish me luck!

Stephie said...

Hi Welch

haha..ya, ya, keep trying and i'm sure he'll be convinced. tell him now is a good time to travel cos there'll be lots of discounts. Natas coming soon! :)