Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Both YC and I left office on the dot yesterday, and went to my mum’s place to pick up Cherylin. When I arrived, Cherylin has not changed her clothes yet. After much persuasion/threat/coax, she finally agreed to do so. It has always been a ‘challenge’ to change her, feed her, ask her to brush her teeth, etc. As always, she’ll dilly dally and take a long time before doing the things that you ask her to. Often, I had to threaten her with ‘army boy’, ‘police’, etc.

We went downstairs to wait for YC to pick us up after Cherylin said bye bye to wai po. YC planned to have dinner at IMM to celebrate my birthday. We went to Swensen’s where I had the seafood pizza and YC ordered the chicken pieces as main course. Cherylin ate ¼ of my pizza and some chicken and fries. As it was my birthday, we were given a complimentary Birthday Firehouse. Cherylin stared at the ice cream as the waiter attempted to light the candle. Then we sang a birthday song while Cherylin shyly look at the ice cream and did not sing at all. We blew out the candle and Cherylin happily feasted on the ice cream.

After dinner, we proceeded to get a birthday cake. YC bought me a fruit cake from crystal jade cakery. We let Cherylin played for a while before heading home to cut the cake. Cherylin helped daddy to put on the candle, quite a good job for a first timer. She blew out the candles (all by herself) after the birthday song. Then she proceeded to cut the cake. I had to stop her after a while else the whole cake will be ‘destroyed’ by her. She must be full then as she wasn’t interested in eating the cake. Somehow, it’s just a mini celebration for me but it’s filled with warmth. :)

No comments: