Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cherylin is a sensible girl?...

Nowadays when YC goes to pump petrol, Cherylin will insist on following daddy into the petrol kiosk where he makes the payment. Most of the time, she will come out with some sweets in her hand and smile on her face! That day she came out with a packet of Sweeties. When I saw it, I ‘scolded’ her saying that she’s wasting money (cos there’s lots of sweets in the house where she eat halfway and didn’t finish). Told her that she must finish those sweets at home first before getting new ones. Well, being a 2.5 years old child, I doubt my advice goes into her ears.

Today, YC went to exchange his old car for a new one. As we are shifting the stuff from the old car, Cherylin kepts making noise, saying that she wants the ‘blue’ car (our old car), don’t want the ‘green’ car. She got worse as we drove the new car. Cried until so pitiful. Kept saying ‘I don’t want to seat in this car car, I want the blue car car….’. Seeing that she’s so ke lian, daddy brought her to NTUC Fairprice to get some tidbits for her. After a few minutes, both father and daughter came out of the supermarket empty handed. I was puzzled and thought maybe there isn’t anything that Cherylin likes (couldn’t be right since there’s bound to be something that will catch her eyes)? So I asked.

Me: The Yan Yan is out of stock? (Cherylin usually grabs this when she goes to supermarket)
YC: No. She doesn’t want.
Me: Why?
YC: Initially she took the chocolate flavour and on the way to the cashier, she told me she doesn’t want.
Me: Then?
YC: I told her it’s ok, daddy will buy for her. Then Cherylin replied: “Afraid mummy will scold.”

I couldn’t quite believe myself when I heard that. Cherylin actually remembered my ‘lecture’ of not wasting money to buy tidbits when she already had those at home. That’s my dear girl. Sometimes I must agree that she can be quite ‘sensible’.

On the following night, I was tidying the table and going through some receipts. Cherylin came to me and said “I’ll finish off the tidbits at home first before getting new ones.” I praised her for being a sensible girl and gave her a hug and kiss :)

No comments: