Sunday, August 30, 2009

The land of the rising sun

It's the 'to go' country in my list of countries this year. Halt the plan due to the influenza outbreak in late Apr this year. With more people starting to travel again, it makes me itch to travel again.

Finally, booked a 7D Central Japan tour covering Disneyland, Sanrio Land, Factory outlet etc. Paid a total of $4629 for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant (infant fare is $430 which I find it ex) travelling in early Nov. With the fall in airport taxes (down from $400+ months ago to abt $75 now) and promotion of 50% off for 2nd adult, the money saved should be enough to offset the higher Yen as compared to 2 years ago (1.27 vs 1.53).

Believe Cherylin will be very happy to see lots of Hello Kitty when in Japan :)

Afternote: I had wanted to go on F&E for our visit to Japan. However, YC is not comfortable doing so with 2 kids, 2 luggages and 2 stroller to take care of. Hence, I am agreeable to join a package tour (since it's my first time, no harm going with a tour group first). Should we decide to visit Japan again, probably we can consider F&E :)

3 comments:

Jemy said...

Ho ho ho... u make me so itchy to go holiday too!

Don't forget to suss out the Burberry Blue label bags too!

Stephie said...

Hee...just do it. Think I'm taking the opportunity to bring Cherylin for as many holidays as possible before she goes to Pri 1.

YC definitely will not forget abt the Burberry Blue Label. Hope will have nice collection then :)

twinkle said...

You are right, Stephie! Must make use of these few years before Cherylin attends Pri school. Unfortunately, I am not able to do that this year and I know it will be difficult when Rachel goes Pri 1 next year. So sad!